Wednesday, July 29, 2009
1. I read some stories about Yasmin Ahmad through the internet and I found that she also made few Singapore TV commercials (I only found two, but I couldn't confirm whether they were just two commercials, so I just put 'few') and one of them was 'funeral'.
2. I searched 'funeral' on Youtube and here it is:
3. I love this phrase; an excerpt from the wife's heartrending yet inspirational speech:
"In the end, it's this small thing that you remember...the little imperfections that make them perfect for you".
4. The commercial convinces me that she was an ingenious 'artwork manufacturer'. Perhaps, she was the most outstanding director in Malaysia. She didn't work a thing as if it was a 'common work' that she would be paid with $$$. She did every work; either film or commercial as a noble way to convey some values. In other word, she really 'worked' it.
5. I guess you guys should also check out her another Singapore TV commercial entitled 'Family'.
May Yasmin Ahmad rest in peace...you'll surely be missed.